Stress in the workplace can put significant strain on your mental, physical and/or emotional well-being, during and after work. You may be feeling tired, unproductive, powerless or overwhelmed by your job, or by a certain situations in your job.
Specific stressors could include;
- a toxic work environment,
- difficult relationships with coworkers and/or management,
- bullying and harassment,
- underutilized, or over worked,
- lack of opportunities to advance
You could also be experiencing occupational stress if you are noticing a difference between the demands of the environment and your ability to carry out and complete these demands.
At Defining Solutions, our psychologists can help you to manage and overcome work-related stress.
Although each stressful situation is unique, some common strategies include:
- improving your physical and emotional well-being outside of the office
- recognizing pitfalls or patterns of behavior you need to break
- improving your communications skills to ease tense relationships with others
- reprioritizing and organizing your time to create a balanced schedule
- not over-committing yourself
- planning for regular breaks
- delegating tasks
- looking for places to negotiate deadlines
- strategies to manage your time and energy more effectively
Our psychologists will support you through the implementation and use of any stress-management strategies discussed in counselling. We will also consider what you are unable to change within your work environment and provide you with tools and techniques to cope more effectively with them. As an integral part of your overall wellness, managing workplace stress is critical.
Our team members who specialize in Managing Workplace Stress & Career Development:
Dr. Gaye Kropf, R. Psych
Emma Geoghegan, M. Ed., R. Psych.
If you have any other concerns with your emotional well-being or psychological health, there are a number of services we can provide you. Click here to look at our Personal Counselling Services.
If your organization can use some help fostering a positive productive work environment. Click here to look at our Organizational Services.